Last night, during a commercial break in the movie Avatar, we went outside with some sparklers. We didn't have fireworks, or a fancy New Year's Eve party to go to, so we played funny dance music, ate nachos, and watched movies.
Cash lost a boot, and was not necessarily having fun. The rest of us were trying to. Woohoo.
Now, looking at this next photo, my stomach clenches up. This is the last photo I snapped before Tyler started shreiking and crying about his leg. The camera ended up in the snow, Shawn dropped a screaming Cash, and we tore Tyler's boots and pants off. A spark landed on a little frayed hole in the jeans of Tyler's pants and caught on fire. You can see it in the picture, and that's what makes me shudder. He ended up with a blistery burned kneecap and a large red area, and we will keep watching it.
After this craziness settled down, I pulled out some chocolate zucchini bread from the freezer, bundled Tyler in some blankets on the couch, and we finished watching Avatar. Next year we will have to find a party to go to.