Oct 27, 2014

Saying Goodbye

I keep thinking back to all the things in my life that Decker was a part of.  
It look back at the last 10 years and see his little tail in so many photos, or his shape off in the background sniffing for stinky stuff.
He really was my best friend, and saying goodbye to him the last time was devastating.  I wasn't ready for him to be gone.
He went on every walk, many bike rides, and tons of hikes with us.  And he sat on the porches of our houses and barked at all the scary stuff in the dark.
We called him our "Dog Alarm," and every morning Tyler knew the bus was coming because of his hound-dog howling.
Now we can't help but look for him wandering around outside, and pulling into the driveway tugs at my heart, since no one comes to my car door anymore to greet me.
He died on a beautiful fall day, and as soon as the vet put the shot in I wanted to take it back, I was NOT ready!  We get comfort in knowing that All Dogs Go to Heaven, so he'll be our angel until then.
And on a little lighter note, Cash says the walleye Shawn catches are in heaven, too.


His best dog friend Tater.  Running together in Heaven now.






No comments:

Post a Comment